Sunday, September 18, 2011

Embroidery Fun!

Since the weather has been cooler here in the No. Texas area, Jesse and Lily are in need of jackets in the mornings.  Typically, fall in Texas means dressing in layers so that the kids can shed the extra layers in the warm afternoons.  I picked up a couple of warm-up jackets at Target for $12 each, on sale.  Jesse's is black and Lily's is turquoise.  I decided I'd embellish them with embroidery to jazz them up a bit, and make them more fun.  Jesse hasn't decided whether or not he wants me to put anything on his jacket. :(  Lily, though, was game. 
Here’s the before:

I decided to do an embroidery font called Vintage Curlz.  I had some turquoise camo fabric that I laid over the jacket and hooped the two together.
Crafts Sept 2011 006
It’s hard to see in the pictures that follow, but the thread I used to embroider the “L” is a hot pink, which is Lily’s favorite color.
Crafts Sept 2011 009
I cut away the excess camo fabric, and here is the result:
Crafts Sept 2011 010
Lily is asleep right now, or I’d post a picture of my sweet girl modeling her embellished jacket.  Actually, now that I’m looking at the pictures, I think that it would be a lot of fun to add some rhinestones, as well.  Hmmm…I didn’t think of that!  Sounds like a trip to the craft store is in my near future…

On a side note—I love my new job!  I am so thankful and look forward to going to work every day.  It is challenging, but I like that each day holds new surprises, even if those surprises aren’t easy.  Also, I am reading a new book called The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  It is beautiful and mysterious, and makes me want to go to a circus that opens only at night.  I downloaded it on my iPad Friday night, and am almost finished!  I highly recommend it.

Many blessings,
Jennifer

P.S. I'm participating at Metamorphosis Monday at Susan's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment