Saturday, September 10, 2011

Soakin' Up the Love


Brian's parents, Jerry and Marilyn, are here from Del Rio, Texas.  They are visiting for the weekend.  As you can see, Lily is enjoying spending time with her Pa.  Presently, she is showing him the movie Princess and the Frog on her daddy's iPhone.  I heard her telling Jerry, "You wanna see the part where Tiana's a little girl?"  He's been so sweet; he just listens very patiently while she talks his ear off.  Lily is his first and only granddaughter.  He gets a kick out of her.

When Brian's parent's come, he always takes his mom out shopping.  Marilyn loves to shop, and Brian loves to make his mom happy. :)  Lily and Matthew accompanied them on their adventures.  Jesse hung out with Pa at our house, while I rode with Jacob for a practice run to the DMV.  Jacob takes his driving exam on Thursday, and since Brian and I can't take off from our new jobs, our friend, Pastor Wally is going to pick Jacob up from school and go with him to the DMV.  Jacob practiced parallel parking today, and he got it on the first try.  I know he is going to do well on his test.  I wish I could be with him when he goes, but Brian and I are so thankful for our friend's willingness to take him for us. 

After Jake practiced parking, I had him drive us over to the convenience store to get me a Big Red and a candy bar.  It's pretty awesome having a teenager to drive me places and buy me stuff.  He took me over to a store called U.S. Toys, where I bought some little toys to use as incentives for the children in my classroom.  I found some good deals on puzzles and things.  Jacob tried on crazy hats in the costume section and I laughed so hard that I was crying.  I like the young man that he is becoming.  He's a pretty awesome guy.

Speaking of awesome guys, Brian and his mom are cute together.  Here they are, with Brian showing Marilyn their family tree on Ancestry.com.  He has the app on his iPad, and they've been 'building' their family tree.  Marilyn is journeying down memory lane right now.


They're going to church with us in the morning.  They'll head up to Arkansas on Monday morning to visit friends and go to Marilyn's class reunion.  It's been a great visit, and the kids are enjoying having Gran and Pa here.  I have a feeling they'll miss them when they leave.

Truth be told, I think Gran and Pa will miss the grandkids, too.

Many blessings,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment