Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School Days


Yesterday we walked to the bus stop to begin our first day of school.  The bus comes early. (Yawn!)


Lily wore the new dress I'd made and Jesse wore his new super-cool reversible basketball shorts.  He did not know about reversible basketball shorts until a few days ago when we were school shopping.  I think he wants all of his clothes to be reversible. :) 

We all began our first day of school in new clothes and hopeful attitudes for a wonderful year.  So far, so good.  I love the class I'm working in and the people I am blessed to be working with.  My children seem to be pleased with their classes, and I am hopeful that they will continue to be pleased. 

Being a part of the faculty at an elementary school now, I got to see the first day from a different vantage point.  I saw how parents were as nervous as their children.  I saw proud moms and dads taking 'first day' pictures.  I saw happy children.  I admired the teachers' ability to keep their cool amidst the first day chaos.  It sure felt good to be a part of a team committed to educating the children who came through those doors. 

And I blessed God all day for it...

Many blessings,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment