Saturday, August 6, 2011

If At First You Don't Succeed...

Much to my chagrin, I found out a couple of days ago that the position I'd applied for at my children's elementary school is being withdrawn due to budget constraints.  The principal of the school let me know that she was losing a special ed. aide position, so she was going to have to move people around.  To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement, but I am continuing to hope that something interesting will come up soon.  I applied for another position at a school I subbed at frequently, and have contacted the principal, so we'll see...

Brian and the boys are celebrating Jacob's 16th birthday a little early this weekend.  They are having a guys' camping trip at the lake, so I'm sure that they will come back with stories to tell, sunburns, and lots of pictures of them planking on strange things.  If you don't know what planking is, well, it is the phenomenon of teenagers laying board straight in public places and taking pictures.  Like this:


Or this:


Oh, wait! There seems to be a middle-aged man in this picture and a couple of munchkins.  It seems that planking is not restricted to teens.

The boys planked their way across Louisiana and Mississippi. We got lots of stares.  My family makes my life interesting, that's for sure!

Many blessings, 

Jennifer

P.S.  It's hot here in Texas.  We are having a record heat wave, and it would be great to get some rain. Please pray.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment