Friday, October 29, 2010

Whew!

Man, am I tired!  It's been a whirlwind of a week.  The last two days I've substitute taught in a local elementary school.  Yesterday, I was a Kindergarten teacher, and today I was a first grade teacher.  I admit it was a secret thrill to be standing before eager learners and teaching them how to write letters and to do addition using a ten frame.  I enjoyed reading stories to the kids in silly voices, and I liked hearing them giggle when I did.  It was fun, but it was a lot of work!

I admire the folks who are educators.  I especially appreciate the educators who work with children who need a little extra help--whether that means in reading, or with sitting still, with paying attention, or with everything.  Thank God for teachers.  Thank God for the teachers who were patient with me as I attempted to make my way in the hallways of a school I had never entered before yesterday, and with children I did not know.  Thank God for little children who like to help, and told me where things were and which direction to go.

And you know what else?  Thank God.

Many blessings,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment