Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

How's your Thanksgiving been?  Ours has been pretty nice!  Brian's parents are here for the holiday, and we have been enjoying a nice visit with them. Brian and his dad smoked the turkey last night, and I have to say that it is the best turkey I've ever had.  I baked the traditional pumpkin and pecan pies yesterday, so my mother-in-law and I just had to make the sides today for our lunch.  Everything was delicious! 

Today, when we gave thanks before we sat down to eat, Brian thanked God for our family and for God's provision.  He has surely carried us through this year, and for that we are truly grateful. 

I certainly hope that your Thanksgiving has been full of love, joy, and rest.  I also hope that it will be more than an opportunity to catch some good sales...being thankful has been overshadowed by 'getting stuff'.  If you are one of the people serving in retail who is pressed into working at midnight or 3 a.m. on the day after Thanksgiving, my prayer is that people will be kind to you, and that you will have the strength you need to do your job.  If you are one of the people going out to shop for Christmas tomorrow, please be kind.  Remember that Christmas gifts are given to show people that you love them and appreciate them.  Gift-giving is never meant to come at the expense of another person's dignity.  That doesn't honor our Savior.

Many blessings,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment